21 July 2013

The Nail Polish Tag

Hey all,

I was tagged by Anne-Marie from GirlFridays beauty blog and although I try not to post at the weekend I think it's a nice, fun post to read through (and I'm up watching Plants vs Zombies 2:It's About time game-play on youtube)

Favourite nail polish company?
Hmm that's hard. It used to be Catrice or essence but honestly their recent releases haven't really wowed me at all. I'm getting far more into China Glaze so we'll go with that for the moment! Glitter or no glitter?
No glitter. I like looking at it and when I see swatches of glitters I always *need* them but rarely wear them. Glitter is something I really have to be in the mood of wearing.
 
A rare sight 
OPI, China Glaze or Essie?
China Glaze for sure. I only have a handful of mini OPI polishes so I can't really judge the brand on those alone. I have 2 essie polishes- one glitter one creme, and honestly I don't think they are worth the money. They seem to separate fairly rapid. I'll have to try a few more from Essie and OPI in the future. When do you change your nail polish?
Whenever it chips or I want to get some swatches/ nail art done. I try to keep my nail polish on for at least a week. That way I get good wear out of the polish (which in my mind justifies buying them)

What’s your favourite colour to wear on your nails?
I'm not really fussed to be honest. Some days I'll stick with pink and other days I'd be sick of the sight of them. It really does depend on my mood! At the moment it's Misa Bourbon on the Rocks which is a burgundy polish with a gorgeous red shimmer. Anything polish with this shimmer is my favourite :P Darks or brights?
A bit of both but I have to admit I seem to pick more bright than darks at the moment. We've been having such a nice summer so it just seems more appropriate to pop on a really bright creme or a neon. What do you have on your nails right now?
I have bare nails at the moment. I'm just after finishing some nail art posts and I want to give my nails a break for the night. I'm thinking of putting on Misa Bourbon on the rocks in the morning though. Seriously love that polish. I need more polishes with the shimmery look. Any recommendations? Let me know ASAP!


Matte nails… In or out?
Out. I have a matte topcoat and I don't think I've ever used it abar from a couple swatches. I just don't like the effect on me. Maybe I'm using the wrong kind of polish but it does nothing for me.

French Manicure?
No. I don't see the need for them when I have so many pretty polishes in my collection. Unless it's a funky french (which even then I'm not overly fond of but some can look amazing) but on its own I couldn't be arsed with it to be honest.

Favourite Winter colour?
Ohhh now that's a toughie. I can't even remember what I wore last winter. I don't tend to stick with one colour or finish depending on the season. Again I pretty much go with whatever takes my fancy at the time. I'm predicting shimmers will be my go-to this winter though. I'm a bit weird and try to go with polish that has a festive name like China Glaze Holly-Day etc. Pretty much one of the reasons I buy those kinds of polishes (I wore China Glaze Blue Years Eve on New Years eve just because of the name. Sure how could you not like!)

I'm not going to tag anyone but if ye want to give it a go, please do! 

Cuti-CLUE-les

8 comments:

  1. Fun tag to read :D lol I haven't used a matte coat in a long while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone goes mad buying them but they just sit there usused

      Delete
  2. I love reading these tags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always surprised how different people view the same companies.

      Delete
  3. I think China Glaze is probably my favorite brand too! That and Zoya! I love Sally Hansen and I have a ton of them, but I just don't really use them much anymore, and haven't bought something new from them in forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have 4 zoya nail polishes (so expensive over here but I do like them) I've only started getting in to sally hansen as they just put up stands in town a couple of months ago. So much easy to get a hold of now.

      Delete
  4. I'm so with you on glitter! I love it in the bottle and on others but I hate using it and it never turns out the way I want it to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it!! I swear it has some kind of magic in it because it never looks as good on my nails as it does on others

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les