08 July 2013

This girl is on fire

Hey all,


Today I have, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful polishes ever created. It has taken pride of place in my collection. I would happily wear this polish alone for the rest of my days. It is fecking unbelievably gorgeous.I wore this for well over a week and it would have gone straight back on again but I had to prepare some other posts. I don't think the blog would last if I only ever showed this polish :P Plus the bottle wouldn't last more than a few weeks.




This beauty is Misa Bourbon on the rocks. Never heard of it? I'm not surprised. I found it very hard to find swatches of this polish when it first came out. Even now it just doesn't seem to have a huge gathering. Everyone seems to be more familiar with its dupe OPI Germanicure, from the 2012 Germany collection. I had considered getting the OPI as Misa is not available over here and they cost a fortune online but I heard it wasn't as shimmer laden as Bourbon on the rocks. I was lucky enough to have an amazing friend, Sharon from Behind Green Eyes, who sent this to me. She is the bees knees and really made my week with this.


Bourbon on the rocks is a deep brown/ Burgundy shade that is riddled with red and orange shimmer. This is one of those polishes that glows from within. It is stunning. Every time I move my hand I get distracted by the sparkles.  It looks different in every light but it really jumps out in the sun. I know most people stick with neons and glitter in the summer but you are seriously missing out if you don't pop on a polish like Bourbon on the rocks. It will blow your mind!


The formula is perfect. This is my first Misa polish so I didn't have any idea as to how it would apply but it is just like any other good brand. It dries quickly, it didn't drag at all and I only need 2 coats for full coverage. I have on a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-dri to protect it from chipping. If you are looking to pick this polish up (which I highly recommend you do) it is from the 2012 High Society winter collection. 


After 8 days of wear



I cannot get over how pretty this polish is. It is just the most sophisticated, elegant, gorgeous polish I have ever seen. If you don't have this, try and get a hold of it! It's on Nailsupplies US for $3.75 (not including shipping) and I'm sure it's easier to get a bottle of Misa nail polish outside of Ireland.

Cuti-CLUE-les

26 comments:

  1. This polish looks awesome on you! I think I need it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lani, I'd definitely keep an eye out for it. In person it is a million times better!

      Delete
  2. Wow, gorgeous polish!! The shimmer is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! It's one of the most eye-catching polishes I have worn in quite some time

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm happy to here it! Definitely a must have polish

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous and glowy! And I think dark polishes in summer are very chic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Darker polishes stand out far better in the sun and the shimmer really shines through

      Delete
  5. Crickey, that is gorgeous ! How have I not heard of this before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like the needle in the nail polish haystack!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous polish! I see why you love it so much. I may have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaki you will not regret it! It is so pretty

      Delete
  7. I like the color a lot very sophisticated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Stunning swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this polish! Such gorgeous shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. I wish they made it in more colours

      Delete
  10. These shades make me melt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that. Such amazing polishes

      Delete
  11. Very, very pretty. Love shades like this with so much depth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really should make more. They are the perfect kind of polish

      Delete
  12. Ah it's gorgeous on, I can't believe how well it wears! It's so glowy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fecking amazing isn't it! I didn't expect it myself. x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les