16 July 2013

Twinsie Tuesday Disney- Wreck it Ralph!

Hey all,

I am very excited for today's post! This is my first real foray back in to the world of freehand nail art and I really hope ye like it :) Luckily the Twinsie Tuesday theme was Disney so I could do something a bit more fun for my first attempt. I decided to recreate the last film I watched and that just happened to be Disney's Wreck it Ralph


See what I did there? HA! That kept me amused for a fair amount of time I have to say :P I love animated films, I think they can really leave an amazing impression on you and they always give the best messages. I know a lot of people think they are for children but feck them, they are the best films you could ever see. I had planned on seeing Wreck is Ralph in the cinema but as always they never materialized but I got the DVD as soon as it came out.


For this manicure I used the dvd case as my inspiration. The gradient is done with navy blue, sky blue and mustard yellow acrylic paint. Ralph's face is a mixture of acrylic paint over a base of Catrice Salmon and Garfunkel and Catrice Miss Piggy reloaded. On the thumb (Lower down in the post) I used Nail the Bytch Lick or ish Bytch as the red base, the stripes are free-handed using Barry M Denim, the hammer is Catrice Goldfinger with a black acrylic paint outline. I topped it all of with a coat of Essence Gel look topcoat.


 The 12 Acrylic Colours Paints Brush + Pallete Nail Art set was sent to me by the Born Pretty store and I am very  impressed with it so far. The paints are very easy to work with and I think the colours (especially the blues) are so much nicer than ones I have used in the past. Very pigmented and just the right consistency so you have full control over where the paint goes. I'll definitely buy them from Born Pretty when these have run out. They cost a fraction of the price they cost over here and the quality seems to be just as good. Seeing as I use them solely for nail art they will definitely last me a good while. I can't wait to try some new designs with these paints. The set also included some fine brushes which are amazing for outlines (like the one around the hammer below) This is a great set is ye are just starting out and don't want to spend a fortune on a kit.
I have a discount code on the right for 10% off any Born Pretty order if ye wish to use it.


Aside from Ralph's face it is a pretty easy design and very summery. I did have to cut my nails down after this after I cracked one off of the table. At least I managed to get one design in before that happened though so I can't complain too much. If ye have a moment definitely check out the other Twinsie Tuesday Ladies and see what they came up with for today:


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Paints were provided for review**

38 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so cute, I love the picture of him over his face :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I'm glad I thought of that part haha

      Delete
  2. I laughed out loud at your first picture. Perfect placement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I got a good picture of it :P

      Delete
  3. Yay, you're back with some kickass freehand nail art! I loved Ralph (the support group!!), I love animated films! :))
    And yes, I see what you did there - very cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Support group is one of my favourite scenes! They are so sweet to each otehr! Aah thanks so much :D I'm delighted to have some paints back in-stock.

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic! You did an amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete
  5. OMFG! This is too cute and funny! "I wanna wreck it!!!"....loved that movie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MB! It is such a good film. I can't wait to watch it again

      Delete
  6. oh my gosh! You did a great job on Ralph's face!! I feel the same way about animated films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is freaking amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm delighted Meredith, thanks!

      Delete
  8. Ha! Love that you took the picture over the image. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!! Wowza, you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you're doing nail art again, that's bloody brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks missy :) Glad to be back at it! lost a lot of confidence over the last few months. Can't wait to start again x

      Delete
  11. wow, wow, wow! this is amazing! Unfortunately i wasn't a massive fan of the film when i saw it but i did love the colours used in the film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lolly :) Awh that's a shame. I was the same way with a couple of animated films. It's awful when they don't live up to the hype :(

      Delete
  12. I didn't see this movie but your pictures are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!!! I love the thumb and the face. I really need to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a sweet movie. Definitely worth a watch

      Delete
  14. lol! This is too awesome!!! haha! Love how you created his face! This movie was really cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. These turned out so great! They are adorable! I still haven't seen this one, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth a watch. I love animated films!

      Delete
  16. These are awesome! This was such a fun movie and your nail looks absolutely amazing! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks a million Cordia!! You're far too kind :) x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les