23 July 2013

Twinsie Tuesday- Splatter!

Hey all,


Splatter nail art is not my favourite to be honest. I have tried it a few times and I never really get the result I want. Nevertheless seeing as today's challenge was a splatter design I had to give it one more go and see how it went. I only copped on at the end that I used all Barry M nail polish for this design.


Barry m Mushroom is the base polish. It's fairly opaque but I put on 2 coats just to be on the safe side. Then I put a layer of vaseline around my cuticles and sides of my nails. I really hate cleaning up after splatter/ mater-marbled nail designs. It's so fecking awkward. Then using a straw I started off with Barry M Greenberry, a gorgeous aqua polish from the Gelly collection. Then I added on lychee from the same collection and I finished with Papaya which also stems from the gelly collection.


I finished it off with a coat of Essence Gel look topcoat and that's all there is to it. I'm still not fond of the splatter deisgn but sure it's always worth a shot. Check out the other splatter posts from the rest of the Twinsie Tuesday ladies:


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

28 comments:

  1. These colors look so great together! I love how your splatter mani turned out! This technique was a little bit of a pain for me, too, but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeh it is a bit annoying. Not something I would voluntarily do again but sure it was worth a go :P

      Delete
  2. I didn't think I'd like anything with this colour combo but it's really interesting and pretty on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! honestly I was winging it a bit but I'm happy it worked out well

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought it might make the colour stand out a bit more :)

      Delete
  4. I am in LOOOOOOVE with the colors you chose! So gorgeous! Oh and get Prickly Pear :) You will love it! My photos make the purple look more washed out than it actually is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I am definitely looking into picking up a bottle now. It is just too pretty to leave behind

      Delete
  5. These colors are gorgeous together!!! Giving me decorating ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I love the splatter designs, but can never get it right! (I usually end up with splotches of polish all over, making my nails totally not worthy of a "public display", lol)
    I'm not too impressed with the choice of colours, if I may be honest - just too much brown :) (I'd probably got for a brighter shade, it might make other colours stand out more?), but I commend you for going through with it even when you're really not that fond of the technique! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are honest! I know not every combination will appeal to everyone and I'm really glad that you left a comment saying it. I appreciate all comments and constructive criticism :)

      Delete
    2. You're right about that.
      And sure you know I'm a regular around here and generally adore your blog :)

      Delete
    3. Ah stop, you're lovely altogether! x

      Delete
  7. I like the neutral splatter! Very cool and subdued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the neutrals with the brights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say it'd look good with a nude polish or something like China Glaze Kalahari Kiss

      Delete
  9. I like the colors you chose, neutral but with pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love the colors you used for this! This turned out lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colors! They go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I have to start mixing colours together more often and see how they work out

      Delete
  12. I love the combination of colours, nice work! :-) I love to see splatter and water marble manicures, but they are on my "to do" list for such a loooooong time... I hate cleaning up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleanup definitely puts me off it doing them more often!!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les