30 August 2013

Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff review

Hey all,

I've been trying out the new Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff scrub for the past week of so now. This is a really fine scrub but it is packed full of tiny beads which is not common with some of the scrubs  I have tried in the past.Once you put it on your skin and start scrubbing away it feels like you are rubbing sand on your skin. The quicker you scrub, the better it works ( for me anyway, it depends on how dry your skin is too). Now I don't have tanned skin so I can't tell you how well it works on priming the skin for the application of fake tan. I just use scrubs for get rid of skin dry. Not pretty but it has to be done!

Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff scrub

They say not to use it on delicate areas as it is quite a heavy duty scrub in a way. It worked grand on my feet. I have a dry patch on my leg and even after rubbing this is for a while and heaping on a heavy cream at night, it didn't make a huge difference. It's something I would personally have to keep doing daily for a while to have any noticeable difference. I did get my dad to use it and he had great results. He suffers from dry skin and after a good 5 minute scrub using Tough Stuff and applying the Garnier intensive 7 day moisturizer, he hasn't had a problem with his skin in over 2 days which is a massive relief for him. We both used it on dry skin so the beads would really penetrate the dry layers but you can use it in the shower or bath if you want a more easy going scrub. 


I have a 50ml sachet and if they bring out a bigger tub of Tough Stuff I would definitely buy it. It smells like Herbal Essences Shampoo, it doesn't feel greasy at all and it leaves your skin nice and smooth. Although it didn't make a huge difference to the area I suffer the most with, it did a great job everywhere else. When it comes to body scrubs I always favour the tougher ones as I don't see the point in buying a full tub of something that does a half-arsed job. Buy something that's tough and use it gently and you'll be far better off in the long run (that's my thinking anyway haha)

Cuti-CLUE-les 

**Product was provided for review**

4 comments:

  1. I love this, it's become part of my shower routine now. Definitely agree with you re the tub but that's coming out in October apparently, which is fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it'll be a good sized one. I have a good few scrubs but they all run out so quickly :/

      Delete
  2. It smells like Herbal Essence shampoo?? Oooohhh...I love it already!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les