16 August 2013

Crappy Coral

Hey all,


I've had Barry M retro coral for a fair while now but I don't think I've ever showed it on the blog. It's a bit more pink than it shows on camera. It is jam-packed full of shimmer. The biggest let down of this polish is the formula. Even at three coats this polish would not even out. It has a tonne of bald spots, it was thick and a nightmare overall to put on. The colour was nice but honestly I don't see myself using this for manicures in the future. It's more of a nail art kind of polish.


My fingers are in awful shape at the moment. Even though I keep them moisturized they have started peeling around the nail. Such a pain in the arse! Especially when  I'm doing nail art. Clean up is a nightmare when they are like this.

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. I found this recently in my stash and couldn't figure out where I got it. It's so bizarre that it looks so different to all the others! I haven't tried it yet, so I'm disappointed to hear it's not great! The shimmer is so pretty in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer is gorgeous in it! I know they were giving them out free if you bought 2 other Barry M polishes in Boots so maybe that's how you got it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very pretty colour, shame about the formula! Your fingers don't look awful at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too bad about the formula. The color looks gorgeous. Bad formula really makes me want to give up on the manicure I'm working on all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exactly the same Whimsy, especially if I'm painting my nails at night. It's such a deal breaker

      Delete
  4. That's a balls about the formula, it takes long enough for polish to dry without having to do a load of thin coats. Your fingers don't look bad at all, honestly you probably notice it yourself but I can't see anything bad about them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I know sure it defeats the whole point of buying a fast drying polish. It takes just as long as a normal polish in the end

      Delete
  5. This color is gorgeous but the bad formula is a shame! I let my nails bath in warm olive oil at least once a week and it helps a lot to keep my nails and the skin around it in good shape. I store the olive oil in a little jar to re-use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a brilliant tip, thanks so much for that! I have to try it.

      Delete
  6. It looks so great, that sucks that it had a crappy formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( It's always so disappointing when you find a nice polish.

      Delete
  7. I hate it when polishes to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw sorry to hear about the formula! It's such a pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les