26 August 2013

Every month is Oktoberfest

Hey all,

This is the polish I have been wearing for the last few days. I bought this a good while ago but it just came in the post a week or so ago- Beauty bay are awful with shipping, I would not recommend them in any way shape or form. This is OPI Every month is Oktoberfest. Since I already had a dupe of OPI Germanicure (Misa bourbon on the rocks) and I adore it so much I thought I may aswell add this to my collection.


 Even though I'm not always keen on purple nail polish, I have to admit this is a lovely polish. It's a plummy purple. Depending on the light it can look incredibly dark. Not black, just a very dark purple. It has a lovely red shimmer running through it. You can see a bit more of the shimmer in person than what appears on camera. I love the way this  looks on. Here I have on 2 coats with a topcoat of sally Hansen insta-dri. My index finger needed 3 coats as it dragged a little but it wasn't hugely noticeable.


 Even though I don't think is deserves the ridiculous hype surrounding it, the shimmer is nice but it didn't blow me away, I do think it is a great polish to have. The formula is a little thin but it's very easy to work with. I've been wearing it for about 3 days now and it still looks great. I have a feeling it would make a great topper over other polishes but I haven't had the chance to try that out just yet. I am glad I finally picked it up after months of debating whether it was actually worth it or not. I knew I would regret it if I left it behind once more.

Cuti-CLUE-les

18 comments:

  1. I got this when it came out, I really like it. I like the way it looks purple sometimes and blak others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty. I much prefer Misa bourbon on the rocks but this is a lovely sophisticated shade.

      Delete
  2. I love this color. I'm so sad I missed this and you reminded me how much I want this still! Gorgeous. I love these dark colors with hidden shimmer on light skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you're probably better off now you can find is a far bit cheaper ;) It is a great polish to have. It makes your nails look great

      Delete
  3. Glad you picked this one up :D It's a pretty polish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this polish - it is in my collection, too. And I am not always a purple lover. But this purple is so stunning with the gorgeous shimmer. It's good you finally got it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm so glad I didn't change my mind, It's so pretty in person

      Delete
  5. It's lovely, the Germany collection had some beautiful colours in it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a strong collection. OPI don't really do it for me normally (the price make me wince) but they have released a great number of gorgeous colours over the last few years x

      Delete
  6. I think it's really quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Even though it's expensive, it's worth it.

      Delete
  7. It looks fabulous! I love dark polishes... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really starting to appreciate them! This is definitely one of my favourites

      Delete
  8. Something else I need to add to my wishlist now! I LOVE vampy purples and burgundys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh this is a must have. I'd say you'd like Misa bourbon on the rocks too. It's amazing

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les