20 August 2013

Twinsie Tuesday-Chevron

Hey all,

As I write this I'm listening to FUN's version of Call me Maybe, originally released by Carly Rae Jepsen. It's not as fast paced and upbeat as the original but I love Nate's voice. So soothing. I really need to get my hands on their "Some Nights" album.


Chevron was the theme for today. I tried a few variations of the theme but I wasn't really feeling the end result. In the end I settled on this one. I love the colours. The base is 2 coats of OPI Live or Let die. Such a gorgeous green with gold speckles. Then I sectioned off the nails (freehand, I had no patience for striping tape) and added on 2 coats of OPI Skull and Glossbones. When that was dry I added a final coat of OPI The world is not enough. Even though that sounds like a heap of coats they were all thin so you'd never guess it.


I'd  say if they'd been a bit straighter (and neater :P ) I would have kept them on for far longer. I really like the end result. That green is so gorgeous in real life. The camera never really picks up on all of the gold specks. I added on a coat of Essence Gel look topcoat to get it to look nice and squishy. That's all there is to it :) The other twinsies links are down below.



Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

22 comments:

  1. I have not heard that version! Off to listen to it. Very pretty nails too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Such a nice group. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Love that you did a deep chevron too! I wondered if I'd be the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the easiest option with shorter nails for me :)

      Delete
  3. These are really pretty! I haven't tried this type yet, but I've been meaning to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's definitely worth a go. It's not as complicated as the other version

      Delete
  4. I really like the silver in the middle - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It's a sheer enough polish so it's a good choice for nail art

      Delete
  5. So awesome, I absolutely love this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think yours came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really nicely! Fun look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, the gorgeous "Live or Let die"! :)
    I like what you did there; I agree, the "deep" chevron really does look better on shorter nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purple!It's the only way I'd do it to be fair. I'd say the shorted ones would turn out messy if you didn't practice them :(

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les