13 August 2013

Twinsie Tuesday- Circus

Hey all,
Today's twinsie tuesday theme is "Circus". I've been to the circus only once when I was young. I don't agree with their treatment of animals so I avoid going now. This made the challenge fairy hard to complete until I thought of this:

Screenshot from here
If ye haven't seen the film Madagascar, at least click the link in the caption. It is hilarious!! So I decided to try and recreate Marty from Madagascar 3 dressed as a Circus clown.


Marty is done entirely with Acrylic paint. I changed his eyes a bit because I couldn't get them to look exactly like the screenshot. For the other nails I used 2 coats of Essence Black is back, yellow and brown acrylic paint for the lights and the rope and a coat of Catrice Have an ice day to add a bit of holographic sparkle so it'd look like the sky at night.


I love the rest of my nails but I think I could have worked on Marty for a bit longer. It's not as good as I had hoped but I had no time at all left to fix it up. I'm just glad I managed to get something done for this challenge :P


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

30 comments:

  1. You silly, this isn't just "at least something done for the challenge" - it's amazing!! :))
    I got so excited to see the whole manicure the moment I saw Marty in my feed preview! This is great! I especially like how you've done the "background" with the lights and twinkles. And the afro, haha, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much Purple! ah did he show up in the preview? That's great! I never know how this things will appear in the feed. I'm so glad you liked it :D

      Delete
  2. Brill!!

    Love the new blog layout too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're insane if you think that's not amazing, it's bloody brilliant! I don't like the circus either, I always think clowns, this is so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Sharon, I'm really glad you like it. Yeh I don't find clowns funny at all. They annoy the shite out of me :P x

      Delete
  4. This is so awesome!!!!! You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you 'colored outside the lines'!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he looked a bit weird without hair :P

      Delete
  6. This is soooooo much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! I just love these! Very innovative and different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, favorite circus mani of the week! I immediately started singing "Afro Circus, Polka dot, polka dot AFRO!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard not to sing it! I love that scene :P Thanks Heather!!

      Delete
  9. You are so creative! I love that you went wild and painted beyond your nail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Karen! That's so nice of you :) Ah sure sometimes ya have to "rebel" against the norm ;) haha

      Delete
  10. This is amazing. I absolutely love how you did the crazy hair. And the eyes look great!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les