25 September 2013

Dr Seuss "The Lorax" nail art

Hey all,


I think it's fairly common in the blogging world that alot of the bloggers are huge book readers. I love reading and on a good week I can go through quite a few books (Goodreads is a brilliant site for tracking the books you have read by the way! I am obsessed with it) The thing that usually strikes me is the cover. If any of you are fans of Sir Terry Practchett and his Disworld series then you have to read (if y ou haven't already) "The last Hero". It is the most beautiful book. I adore the back of the book in particular. Definitely something I want to try to turn into nail art in the future. For the moment though I thought I'd stick with The Lorax for todays post.


I actually quite like the film The Lorax. It wasn't as good as I was expecting but it was still a lovely film with beautiful colours. For the base I used Barry M Blueberry Ice-cream. It's the perfect sky blue polish and only needs one coat (I have on two to be on the safe side.) The lorax himself is made up of Nails inc Atomic (orange), the green tree is Catrice Acid/Dc and the purple is Ciate Purple Sherbert. The rest of the details are done in acrylic paint.


 I am pretty pleased with the way this turned out! I love the bright colours. I adore doing nail art like this. It is such a fun experience seeing the characters develop and actually look fairly similar to the real thing on your nail.

Cuti-CLUE-les




18 comments:

  1. So brilliant, I'm so glad you're doing acrylic art again, it's fantastic! I haven't seen The Lorax (I don't think) but Horton Hears a Who & The Cat in the Hat are two of our favourites for movie night here :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I've only seen about a quarter of Horton hears a who but it's a lovely film! Jim Carey was perfect for that role xx

      Delete
  2. So adorable!

    And thanks for some reading suggestions.. I think I should *finally* check out Sir Pratchett's work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg it's such an amazing series. I'm nearly at the en but he has a new one coming out next month (thanks god!)

      Delete
  3. That looks fun, love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are so class. I love Dr Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much! I'm really glad you like them!

      Delete
  5. These are too awesome! So cute, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so, SO cute! And omigosh, yay for another Pratchett fan! I am *addicted* to Discworld. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! it is just amazing. I am so glad he has a new book coming out!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les