16 September 2013

Sugar Rush

Hey all,

In Ireland, the Irish Blog awards Shortlist was just announced over the weekend. Cuti-CLUE-les was nominated in the Best Beauty/ Fashion blog section but I didn't make it through to the shortlist. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I know people say awards don't mean anything but still, it does hurt and you start doubting everything you do and what you write and you second guess everything. The only uplifting thing about the whole thing is that one of the bloggers who I am honoured to call a friend was nominated twice, both in the Best Beauty/Fashion blog and in Best Craft blog. That lovely lady is Sharon from Behind Green Eyes. Sharon is hilarious, incredibly talented (Her craft work is brilliant and her book reviews are seriously well written) and just one of the most caring people I have ever spoken to. I am unbelievably thrilled for her. I've said it for ages that her blog deserved more recognition and I'm so happy for her that her follower list is growing and that she made it on to the shortlist. I nominated her for both categories ( I obviously didn't tell her that at the time but the secret is out now haha) and I'm sure many others did the same. I just wanted to spread the word and to wish her the best of luck with it all!


Now on to the actual post! Today I have Sinful Colors Sugar Rush. This was actually sent to me by Lindsey from Nails 4 Dummies. It is a beautiful light blue polish. It is just perfect. I loved the way it looked on my nails and it makes the most beautiful pedicure polish. I'm now alternating between Essence You belong to me and Sugar Rush for pedicures.


This is 2 coats of Sugar Rush. The application was perfect and the dry time was spot on. Just looking at it makes me want to put it back on my nails again! Really recommend this polish if you are lacking in the light blue department. The only downside to the Sinful Color range is the fact they test their products on animals. I refuse to buy nail polish from brands that tests on animals. Cheaper brands like Essence and Catrice don't test on animals so why do higher end brands? Surely they can afford to find other means or testing their products. Ugh!! Anyway, it's a lovely polish and it lasts for a good while without chipping.

Do ye care if a product is cruelty-free or not? I don't think many people do in the beauty world.

Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. Love this color. My one takes a while to dry but is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a lovely colour. I'm delighted I got to try it!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, loads of great blogs didn't make it through and they're still amazing blogs, there were some big omissions this year! Lovely varnish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great shade. I know I'll probably end up going through this bottle like there's no tomorrow :P

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on being nominated! Yes I care if the product is tested, but must admit that I've bought some brands lately that I don't know if are tested or not. I wish more brands could be found on the animal organisations' lists, because it's not easy to know who's right, when two bloggers have contratictory information about animal testing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the clarity aspect. A lot of the lists are very outdated in my opinion and that's really not good if you are trying to steer clear or certain brands. I wish they made the rules a bit stricter so we could know for definite if there is any form of animal testing going on but I don't think that will happen any time soon :(

      Delete
  4. Aw that's awesome that you were nominated! Don't be too hard on yourself! You seem like an amazing person from what I can see through your blogging and I think your time to shine will come! You really have an amazing blog! <3
    This polish is gorgeous on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I really appreciate that! That's so nice of you x

      Delete
  5. First of all, congrats on the nomination! It's well deserved and you should feel nothing but pride at the accomplishment! You're fab, don't forget that, lady :)

    And to the point, this is one of my favorite pastel blues and it looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Amanda :) I really love this polish.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les