10 September 2013

Twinsie Tuesday- Magazine inspired

Hey all,


Yeh I cheated this week. I don't really read magazines (I used to love True Crime, Master detective etc but I can't find them locally) but I am a huge fan of reading proper books. So instead of being inspired by a look in a magazine, I was inspired by a cover of a book. Close enough right? Right! I settled on Cecelia Ahern's book "The Time of my life" released in 2011.


I started off with a base coat of Catrice Lucky in Lilac. I needed 2 coats. With the older Catrice polishes I often have to go with 3 coats. I haven't tried any of the new ones so I can't say if they are any better or worse. Then I added on the swirls and dots using Barry M Teal on the pinky and index. For the middle and ring finger I picked out Catrice Goldfinger.


I'm pretty pleased with the way this turned out! I am a fan of Cecelia Ahern's books and the covers are especially eye-catching. I popped in a full picture of the book cover below just so ye can ye how pretty it is :) Don't forget to check out the other twinsies posts listed down below.



Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

30 comments:

  1. Cheater!!! Just joking! I love your swirls and the color combo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD. Beautiful color and art :) THanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so pretty (I love that Catrice's lilac)! And the book's pretty cool too (not her latest, though :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I had the "One hundred names" book in front of my and all (I'm such a dope sometimes)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this, the designs are so nice with the purple. Great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flourish details look perfect! Gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Barry M is so stunningly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!!! I haven't tried stamping with it yet but it's so pretty on its own that I don't really mind if it doesn't stamp :P

      Delete
  7. I thought you'd stamped the swirls! looks fab

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les