29 October 2013

Twinsie Tuesday- The Discworld #27: The Last hero

Hey all,


I an in awe of Paul Kidby and the work he does. He is so incredibly talented and manages to bring the characters to life in a way many others cannot even come close to. One of my favourite books of all time is The Last Hero by Sir Terry Pratchett. The book is illustrated by Paul Kidby and it is absolutely beautiful.  I love flicking through it and just admiring the colours and the detail he has put into every character and the landscape they are set in.


Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme is Space and I knew straight away that I was going to base my manicure on The Last Hero I picked out the two images in particular and I am delighted with the way it turned out. Obviously I will never come close to achieving the same brilliance as Paul Kidby's work but I'm happy out with the end result all the same.


This is based on P.122 of The last Hero. The base polish is Zoya Storm (a black polish with holographic glitter) The blue is Sinful color Endless Blue. For Leonard of Quirm's head (Middle finger, He's facing towards the sun) I used Elf Nude and Barry M Peach Melba and for his grey hair I used  Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 372 Greige and OPI Skull and Glossbones. The orange, green and white are acrylic paints.


 This is the very back of the book and probably one of my favourite images. It is just perfect and exactly how I imagined the it would be based on the story. I could go on and on about this book and how amazing it is but I won't :P


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It
Traci at DrinkCitra
Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les