19 October 2013

WOW Brown review

Hey all,


Fake tan is pretty much featured on every beauty blog at some point. Some people use it every week, some reserve it for special occasions and others use it once in a blue moon. I have a special occasion coming up and I thought it would be nice to throw on a bit of tan just to give some warmth to my skin. I am pale and I always get the "you look pale, are you sick?" comments. It doesn't bother me in fairness but seeing as it's a special occasion I thought I would do something different. The WOW brown tanning liquid was sent to me a few weeks ago but I just got around to putting it on last week (a practice run). This is an Irish based brand which is always a good thing to promote and seeing as it is advertised as being a dark tan I was excited to see a huge difference when I washed it off.

LEFT- WOW Brown tan  RIGHT- Natural (no tan)

To say I was left disappointed is an understatement. It barely made any difference at all to my skin. It was even less noticeable in person. I followed the instructions to a T and I even left it on longer (as recommended on the box) to make my tan even deeper. I have read great reviews on other blogs but for me this was a waste of time. A bottle of WOW brown tan costs €21.99 for a 100ml and claims to give 7-10 full body applications.  They don't test on animals and the bottle is travel friendly. I'm glad I didn't use it the night before going anywhere. That would have been an awful let down.

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Product was provided for review**

6 comments:

  1. That is so annoying! Like you can see a slight difference, but considering the price, and that it's the 'dark' shade... There is zero chance I'd bother with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a shame! I thought it would really darken my legs so they'd look flawless :P I was very wrong!

      Delete
  2. I actually don't wear fake tan - I'm terrified of being Tangoed, so I think if I was to ever venture properly into the whole tanning thang, this might actually be perfect for me as I'd only be looking for a slight hint of colour. Sorry to hear it didn't live up to your expectations though - there's nothing worse than getting a dud beauty item!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a slight hint of colour, it's far nicer than being an oompa loompa. I said feck it might as well go as dark as possible to see what it looked like :P

      Delete
  3. Aw I like how it gives a little color, but it's too bad the color isn't stronger! It would have been great to see it darker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was advertised as a hint of colour then I would have been delighted!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les