27 November 2013

Going straight to Red

Hey all,



Catrice Caught on the red carpet is an oldie. It's one of the first nail polishes I ever bought from Catrice and I absolutely loved it.  You can almost see how low my bottle is in the picture above. It's not the most unique shade in the world but I loved how deep this looked in the bottle. On the nail it is a little bit darker than it shows above. I don't love it as much as I used to but I'm glad I have it.


This is 3 coats with a topcoat to make it nice and glossy. The formula was grand. It can drag if you don't let the coats dry properly but other than that it's a nice polish. It stains my skin like a bitch though so I really have to be careful not to be too heavy handed when applying it. I can't stand it when my cuticles or the sides of my nails are stained by the polish I have on. It makes the whole manicure look so messy. More often than not I remove the whole manicure if that happens as it's the only way to really get rid of the staining.

I've been pushing my cuticles back for a while now but over the weekend I found my old metal Tweezerman cuticle pusher. I was delighted and that night I used it, moisturized and went to bed. Woke up the next morning and my nails were in absolute bits! I have no idea if that is normal but I am going straight back to my flimsy old rubber tipped one. You wouldn't mind but I was only after getting the fecking things in somewhat decent condition.

How do ye deal with yer cuticles?

Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. Oh god, my poor cuticles; no matter what I'm doing, they just seem to be getting worse! :S
    I'm using a rubber tipped cuticle pusher too (I wanted something washable, as I find orange sticks somewhat unhygienic; and a metal one seemed too rough), with different kinds of removers/gels/whatever/warm water..to no avail.
    And don't get me started on cuticle oils! They only seem to dehydrate them even more!
    I guess the normal care just doesn't do it in this winter-y conditions.

    Blargh.. thanks for letting me rant :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on the oils! They never work for me. My nails look greasy for ages and then they go straight back to being dry :/ Handcream makes no difference whatsoever to my cuticles.

      Haha rant away! :P

      Delete
  2. This red looks nice and squishy!

    As for cuticles, I do my best to moisturize them every night before bed. I used to use a Poshe AHA creme but the store where I bought it stopped selling it so I started using a Barielle creme, and I think I am going to have to track down the Poshe again as my cuticles don't seem to be in as good a shape as they used to be. No more than once a week I use a remover (usually Sally Hansen) and a metal pusher. During the day I try to remember to moisturize but I don't always succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moisturize during the day but I'm thinking I should do it a bit more often. I use remover a fair bit but I always moisturize after every use so that should counteract it :P

      Delete
  3. This is a very beautiful red! I just use cuticle oil every day, but I guess I should do more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sexy color but the application and staining sound dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Application wasn't awful but the staining was a pain

      Delete
  5. This red is beautiful and I love how it turned out so glossy looking! Aww sorry to hear about your cuticles. I try to use cuticle oil once in a while for them and moisturize my hands often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have to get a good oil! and thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely color. I use a sally hansen cuticle remover to help with the dead skin. I have also started using the PolishMeToGo Cuticle Scrubber which helps in between using the remover. Also lots of moisturizer and balms. I end up having to cut a tiny bit here and there but it's a constant battle to keep the cuticles looking decent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have heard of the Sally Hansen remover. Definitely going on my to try list! I always have to cut the corners in the end too. Upkeep is definitely a full-time job :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les