19 December 2013

A sweet talkin' sugar coated candy (wo)man

Hey all,


Something I haven't done before was Candy cane nails. I'm getting the hang of striping tape at long last so I can get my stripes looking fairly clean and almost identical on each nail. I started off with Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure in Right Said fred. This is nice and bright and because it's part of the complete salon range I didn't have to bother with a basecoat to stop it from staining. It really reduced the amount of time I had to spend on my nails which is always good. Then I marked off my nails with small strips of striping tape and painted on a thin later of white polish. Right after putting on the white I used my cuticle nippers to pull off the stripes of tape.


That fecking hair on my ring finger is cotton wool! I didn't even notice it until I edited the pictures. That's awful annoying. Anyway I didn't use a topcoat because the one I have drags when used with the white polish. I really like the end result though, I may try it with green or gold instead of the white.

Cuti-CLUE-les


8 comments:

  1. They look good enough to eat!! Gorgeous job as always miss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stripes are perfect! I love stripey nails, green and gold would look amazing. Or green and red and gold! The possibilities are endless ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million :) I actually have green,red and white on at the moment. In love with it! xx

      Delete
  3. Wow your stripes turned out so clean! Love this! :D

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les