11 December 2013

Christmas gift guide- Glitter Nail polish

Hey all,

I thought I would put together a small post on festive nail polish that would make the perfect gift for someone (i.e yourself :P ) this year. I've included both indie and regular brands and links to any swatches I have for each polish. I'll mention any dates for last orders for indie brands so you can buy them in time for Christmas.

1) Glitter Toppers

Precious Polish- Definitely one of the better Christmas collections released this year. "Not so Silent night" consists of 5 glitter nail polishes all set in a clear base. Not So Silent Night is a limited edition Christmas collection featuring five sparkling topcoats. Here are the names of each polish and Anita's description of each shade:

 Candy Caned - A mix of red and white glitter 
Frosty's Freezing - A mix of pastel blue, sapphire and white glitter 
Jingle My Bells - A mix of red and gold glitter 
Jolly Holly - A mix of red and green glitter 
Kiss My Mistletoe - A mix of green and white glitter

Priced at €8 each and available hereLast orders will be taken on the 15th so make sure to place your order soon or you will be disappointed. If you are into nail polish and need a good glitter that will make you nails sparkle over the holiday you cannot go wrong with one of these. They will match any outfit and supporting small Irish brands is always a good thing to do, especially around Christmas ;)

2) Opaque glitters 

Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure in Gilded lily. I bought this last Christmas and I have used it so many times this year. It is a beautiful gold glitter, Opaque in 3 coats if you are careful and it lasts well on the nail. You can wear it alone of use it in a gradient for a hint of sparkle. I believe they cost €9.95 but they are often on sale for €6.95.



China Glaze have a huge selection of Christmas themed nail polish collections. My favourite polish is Glittering Garland. A beautiful dark green with glitters running through it. I used it for some Christmas nail art last year and I loved it. So much so that I am thinking of doing the same design this year. Non holiday polish that works perfectly for this time of year is Running in circles. It's a beautiful Emerald green, opaque in 2 coats and it makes the most beautiful pedicure polish. It sparkles all of the time! I really recommend picking this polish up if you haven't already.


If you aren't keen on full on glitter nails (or you hate the removal process) a shimmer is the perfect way to sparkle without going OTT. OPI's the Spy who loved me  is a gorgeous red shimmer. This is beautiful on, way nicer than my camera could show, and application is perfect. If red is not your thing, China Glaze Blue years eve will blow you away. It is such a gorgeous blue. Again application is great and it lasts for a good while on the nail without chipping. Finally we have NYC Prince Street €1.79. Although I am not the biggest purple lover, the shimmery beaut is a must have in my books. It glows on the nail and it suits any budget.



As you can see I tend to stick with the classic colours around this time of year. Obviously everyone is different but I think it's a nice way of being festive without having to wear your gaudiest Christmas jumper throughout the entire month :P

Cuti-CLUE-les

6 comments:

  1. Aw what a great glitter gift guide hehe. This is definitely up my sister's alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hopefully she'll like it too :P

      Delete
  2. Very cool guide; love such posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great round up, all of these are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norelis! I love them all, it was so easy to pick them out for this post.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les