28 January 2014

Twinsie Tuesday- Nail care routine

Hey all,

A bit of a different Twinsie Tuesday theme for today. Instead of the usual manicure we are posting out Nail care routine. I keep mine fairly simple but it changes a lot depending on what products I actually have to hand. The basic items I have lying around are my Tweezerman nail clippers, a generic cuticle pusher and a tweezerman file. I'm not bothered about brands when it comes to nail files. I had the tweezerman just lying around I'm using it. It's grand, I don't think I'd go the extra step to buy another one from this brand just because it's a bit awkward having to order them in. I'd love to get a glass nail file seeing as they last far longer.
I was sent the Sally Hansen Products way back before Christmas and I've been using them ever since. I keep the Nailgrowth miracle for a basecoat when I do a pedicure. It stops the polish from staining and apparently it makes them grow a bit quicker. I can't say I have noticed much in terms of growth but they do seem stronger.  I keep the Miracle nail thickener for my pinky and middle finger on my right hand. They were awful thin and bendy. They have improved a whole lot since I started using the this as a basecoat before I do a manicure. This means I can grow them a bit longer and they won't chip or peel like they used to.


On the rest of my nails I use the Miracle cure. Seeing as I can be fairly hard on my nails, between nail polish and typing, it helps to have something extra underneath to keep them in good condition.  All of these can be used on their own and they make your nails look so glossy and amazing. I have worn them a couple of times on their own but I tend to keep them as base coats (I hate my nails so I like to keep them covered with polish when I leave the house)
When ever I push back my cuticles I use the OPI Avojuice in  Ginger lily. This smells amazing and it actually works wonders for keeping my cuticles looking healthy and moisturized. I finished this bottle this week and started using the OPI Avojuice in Jasmine but it hasn't been as effective as of yet. I'm hoping this is down to the bad weather.
I won't mention the handcream I'm using at the moment because I just started using it about a week ago and I'm not sure if it's worth the money yet. That's pretty much all I use at the moment. I know nail care products are very hit and miss and what works for me might not work for you so it's really difficult to find products that work well staight away. I have tried a heap of hyped up products and thought the people that recommended them must have been high because I didn't see the amazing changes they had stated would come from using this "holy grail" product. It's all trial and error.

In saying that, I'm still quite looking forward to seeing what the other ladies are using to keep their nails in good condition. They are in far better condition than my own fair hands so hopefully I'll pick up some hints from them.


Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Some products mentioned were provided for review**

22 comments:

  1. Interesting post; I always love seeing what others are using for their nail care (mainly, I just love it when I see products I'm using being featured on blogs I follow :D, but also to get recommendations and thoughts on items I'm considering buying).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm with you there! I love knowing that other people find the same stuff useful.

      Delete
  2. You know I'm a Sally Hansen fan so this post is awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's the best way for me. Otherwise I get really confused and forget to use half of the products :P

      Delete
  4. I need to amp up my nail care! I filed all mine down yesterday to give them a chance to get stronger. I use an Essence strengthener, can't remember what it's called but it's in a silver bottle. It's quite good but I need to start using it more regularly! I've started to use hand cream more regularly too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm brutal for forgetting the handcream. I keep one beside my bed and I still forget it :P It is really hard to keep hands in good condition. I haven't tried that strengthener but I really like the Essence products. I think Sally Hansen is easier to get for me so I tend to just go for that instead.

      Delete
  5. It seems like Avojuice is everyone's go to lotion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear the smell of it just draws you in :P It's very hard to break that trance!

      Delete
  6. Sally Hansen has really good nail care products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely works for me for the most part.

      Delete
  7. Great routine :D I want to see how that OPI Avojuice in Ginger lily smells like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells just like yogurt! It's so fecking good!

      Delete
  8. Sally Hansen has some great products! They're one of my favorite brands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Great products and I adore their Complete Salon manicure range

      Delete
  9. Sally Hansen definitely knows their nail care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! Hopefully they will start brining out more holo polishes. That would be amazing!

      Delete
  10. I love Sally Hansen products so I'm sure these all are pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try their cuticle cream and remover. Everyone seems to have them in their stash!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les