12 May 2014

Smitten Polish Fire and Blood

Hey all,


I swatched Smitten Polish Fire and Blood way back in 2012 and I haven't actually worn it since. This has nothing to do with the polish, I'm just not a big red nail polish wearer. After reading A Game of Thrones recently (nail art and book review coming Friday) I decided to give this a whirl again.  Fire and Blood is a red jelly with red, gold and orange hex glitter with a hint of small holographic glitters. It's one of the nicest reds I own but it really needs to be layered over a red base. It saves time and polish :P I'm sure you could wear this on it's own but I don't like my glitter polishes to be too crowded unless they are all the same size like China Glaze Glitter all the way or Electrify. 


Here I have 2 coats of Fire and Blood over 1 coat of Sally Hansen's Right Said Fred. I topped it off with a coat of Hard Candy Matte-ly in love. I really don't think you get the full effect of glitter polishes with a glossy topcoat. Matte is best in my opinion. Even though the glitters did end up bunching together on a couple of nails you can't see it from afar so it looks pretty much perfect in person. I really need to wear this more often, it's so pretty! I had forgotten all about the little holographic bits in this polish and they really make a difference.

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les