09 May 2014

The Book Look- Fractured by Karin Slaughter book review & nail art! (Will Trent Series #2)

Hey all,


Abigail Campano returns home early only to find her door open and a man holding a bloody knife over her daughters brutally murdered corpse. Special Agent Will Trent takes over the case following a potentially crucial slip up by the local police. Trent is teamed up with a new partner, Detective Faith Mitchell, who seems to have a grudge against him from the get go. Dealing with a high profile murder in the Georgia heat, the team set out to catch the killer before it's too late. 


As with most of Slaughters books, Fractured is rife with murder, rape, abuse and mentions of torture from the get-go. It really is incredible how spot-on and vivid she gets and you can picture each scene as if you were there. The book is riddled with twists and you are always on edge. Each chapter generally ends on a cliff-hanger which won't be returned to straight away so it's very hard to stop reading. I was dying to get to the next chapter to see if the evidence found was relevant or if the person I thought was a bit dodgy would be part of the investigation. It is unbelievably hard not to get involved and try and solve the mystery yourself!

I was convinced I knew what was going on and that I had it all sorted out but I was WAY off the mark. The end was an absolute surprise! There are a few characters I really wanted to slap and knock some sense into them which goes to show how involved you get. I like that Slaughter doesn't make the characters all lovable and they don't all see the error of their ways in the end, These are not fairy-tales and they don't have the traditional happy ending.

Overall I'd give Fractured a good 4 out of 5. I wasn't completely gripped but it was a good story. The characters were all well developed and I had a good feel as to what they were like. I liked the story-line and I think it flowed well. There wasn't a point where I thought it was being dragged out. With this series I would recommend starting from Triptych, book #1 in the series, in order to really understand the main characters.

The Will Trent series is one of my all time favourites. The introduction of a new character always puts me on edge but I grew to really enjoy the interactions between Trent and Mitchell. Slaughter is an incredible author and her characters are always so well developed. I personally love Will Trent and his many quirks. I wish Angie Polaski, Will's sometimes Girlfriend, would disappear but I know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.


For my nails I decided to recreate the cover of Fractured. I started off with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure in Greige.   Then I sponged over it with OPI Skull and Glossbones (light grey). I then splattered on Right Said Fred, also from the Complete salon manicure range, using a straw. For the accent nail I used 3 coats of Essence Toffee to go. Then I free-handed the writing using acrylic pain. 


The accent nail ended up dragging when I added on my topcoat but overall I think this turned out pretty damn accurate! I'm delighted with it. Karin Slaughter book covers have been the more awkward ones for me to do so far but this was nice and handy.

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les