09 June 2014

Catrice Iron Mermaiden & Essence Gold fever

Hey all,


A picture heavy post today. I've been trying to use polishes that I wouldn't normally go for, not because I don't like them but I like sticking to a certain section of nail polishes. I switch them up every once in a while but I like sticking to what I know. Today I went with 2 polishes that haven't really seen the light of day in a long time.


I started out out with 3 coats of Catrice Iron Mermaiden. This is a pretty sheer polish but it is opaque in 3-4 coats (depending on your nail length).  It shifts from gold to purple and it is a lot more noticeable in real life. I'm not the biggest fan of duochrome polishes so I added on a coat of Essence Gold Fever. This is basically a less dense version of China Glaze Electrify with smaller glitter.


I think the purple shines through the most.It does come up more gold in certain lighting but purple is by far the dominant colour. Iron Mermaiden is a nice polish but it's not something I would wear too often. It's a bit dreary especially in the summer. It might be ok as an accent nail but it definitely won't work as a full manicure on me. 


 Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les