18 June 2014

Full moon.....half-moon....total eclipse

Hey all,


I have to say I'm doing pretty well with the whole "wearing old polishes that I don't often pick out" trend I'm on lately. The  latest polish I picked out was Nails inc Bluebell. I put on 2 coats of  Bluebell before I went to bed one night. This is a lovely cornflower blue with a great formula. It's a plain creme polish which I like and it dries pretty quickly. The main bugbear I have with the polish is the fact that it chips after a few hours even with a really good non-chip topcoat on top. It's infuriating! For such an expensive brand you'd expect to get a least a couple of days wear out of the polish before it started chipping. To get a few more days wear out of it I decided to do a half-moon manicure.


On top of the 2 coats of Nails Inc Bluebell and the 1 coat of topcoat I added on 2 coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Blue Streak. I used some of those hole punch reinforcement stickers that I ordered from the Born Pretty store. They worked pretty well but you don't get much in a packet so I'd spend my money elsewhere and get a bigger packet in the future.


Even on short nails I think they turned out pretty well! I will say that I used the same reinforcements on my watermelon nails and they pulled the polish completely off of my nail which was really annoying. I had to start those nails again which was not a fun process after getting so far ahead with them. I'm not sure if the topcoat stopped the polish from pealing off but I thought it was worth a mention. I really like half-moon manicures, I never thought they would suit my nails now that they are shorter but they really do!

 Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les