30 June 2014

Neon and on and on

Hey all,


A bright start to the week. Neon nails just haven't been calling to me lately. I like bright nails don't get me wrong but neon nails can look a bit too much. Especially here when the weather can go from roasting hot to icy cold in a matter of minutes. Neon nails just don't look as good when the weather is crap. 
The only polish I used that really benefits from a white base is China Glaze Flip flop fantasy. The formula is shite on it to be frank. I like the colour but trying to make it look good on the nail is incredibly difficult! Thankfully not all of the China Glaze neons are like this because they make some of my favourite polishes. 


I started out with 2 coats of white polish on all of my nails. I striped off the middle nails and added on 2 coats of China Glaze Flip flop fantasy around the cuticle, Models own Hedonist to the middle and China Glaze Love's a beach to the tips. I randomly added on the same colours to the pinky and index nails using various sized dotting tools. I think the mix of neons and the white polish peaking through helps to tone down the neon brightness a bit and it's just more fun to do and to look at. I used a Leighton Denny topcoat and it is awful. It does not give nail art a nice look to them at all and it bubbled really badly. Lesson learnt! I'll stick with my Sally Hansen Insta-dri for now. 

 Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les