22 July 2014

Twinsie Tuesday- inspired by Nature nail art

Hey all,


Twinsie Tuesday time! I swear these always seem so far away but they creep up on you overnight and then you panic trying to think of a fun design to do. I really liked the theme for this week. Nature inspired manicures can be so diverse and beautiful. Plus you can't help but be inspired by nature. I thought I would give Tree-bark inspired nails a try after seeing a stamped manicure a while back on A Girl and her Polish's blog. I don't have the stamp to recreate it exactly so I freehanded it.


 I started off with 2 coats of NYC Park Avenue. This is more of a taupe which I didn't realise until I had it on my nails. For the Tree-bark effect I used Barry M Mushroom. For the accent nail (the rings you see on a tree showing its age) I used the same colours alongside Misa Bourbon on the Rocks. This is one of my all-time favourite polishes. The red shimmer is so intense in person. I used this for the knots on the other nails. I wish I had a wider range of brown nail polish for this design! I think it would have looked far better with deeper, more wood like shades. The NYC and the Barry m polishes just aren't brown enough for what I had in mind.


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
 Marisa at Polish Obsession
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les