20 August 2014

Alice in Wonderland

Hey all,


I just recently re-watched Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton, and thought I would do some nail art inspired by some of the characters. I originally planned on doing the Red Queen but I couldn't get her eyes to look right so I dumbed down the design a bit so it's more abstract. I still love the way it turned out though so it was worth the trial and error. 


I started with a white base on all of my nails. I sectioned off the main nails using striping tape (which is a huge hassle lately! the colour runs and it leaves a weird glitter residue). I painted over the tape using NYC Park Ave. This design was based on Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee's outfit. The accent nail is obviously based on the Red Queen. For that I used Barry M red glitter and using a mix of dotting tools and a fine paint brush I painted on the heart. I added a matte topcoat over the heart and a glossy topcoat to the rest of my nails. 

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les