04 November 2014

Twinsie Tuesday- Penguin nail art

Hey all,


For the minimalist theme we were given this week I thought I'd do some basic nail art on one nail, keeping all the other nails with just a plain polish.  All you really need for this manicure: a small brush , dotting tool and 3-4 polishes.

I started off with 3 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl  on all of my nails. After giving that a while to dry I used white polish for the penguins stomach and eyes. Then using Nails inc Atomic I added on his feet and beak. For the ribbon on it's head I used Max Factor Red passion. I added on some beads I had from the Born Pretty store a while back. The bow ended up looking like those hats psychics wear which suits it but it wasn't really the look I was going for :)


I kept the plain nails glossy and added on a matte topcoat to the penguin. Matte topcoats make nail art far easier to see and they stand out far more than they would with a glossy topcoat. For nail art I think this qualifies as a minimalistic manicure.


Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​ Marisa at Polish Obsession
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les