08 January 2015

Nail art favourites of 2014

Hey all,

I decided to compile another list of favourites but this time it is focused on my favourite nail art designs that I managed to do last year. This was a lot harder than my favourite nail polishes. It is really nice to look back over all the nail art posts I did last. I had forgotten half of the designs so it was lovely to see them again. These are not in any particular order and there are links in the title to the original post if you want to know the polishes used etc. Here is the link to my Nail art favourites of 2013.



One of the first attempts of nail art this year based on one of my favourite books. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith was amazing and I ended up doing a Book Look and review on it here.
The cover of the book is just beautiful and it made for a pretty interesting nail art design I think. 



This look was from an earlier Twinsie Tuesday challenge (from way back in April) and I loved it. Green is a favourite colour of mine anyway and I think they just popped over the neutral base.The accent nail is my favourite.



Another of the Book Looks that I really enjoyed doing was for The Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman. Although the book was a tad disappointing I'm really happy with the way the nail art turned out. Again I really liked the cover of this book so it was interesting to try and recreate it (in my own way).



I couldn't go through the year without doing some minion inspired nail art! I really wanted to include Gru in this and I love the way it turned out. It was a bit different from the usual minion nails you see and I am so pleased with Gru.



This one was hard! I remember how long this took and I really thought I would just stop and do something different. This was for a Twinsie Tuesday post and I was asked to do a Finding nemo inspired nail look. I can't tell you how glad I am I kept with this design! 



One of my favourite Game series' came to an end last year. Professor Layton is such a clever game and it was a challenge at times! Layton is my favourite character and I'm happy I kept him as an accent nail. I think it looks like a scene from the game.



One of the handful of successful gradients I have managed to do. I really liked this manicure and although I'm not a huge fan of 3d things on my nails I think the studs added something to the end result.



Even though Emmett ending up a bit smudged I am still pretty pleased with this manicure. I haven't seen the movie yet but I have seen the game based on the film and it was brilliant. I love the character Benny but Wildstyle is my favourite when it came to the nails.



Another Twinsie Tuesday manicure that was inspired by Inspired by Someone. This resulted in a manicure based on "How to fall in love" by Cecelia Ahern. It's simple but I really like how it turned out. 



Another simple manicure. This was not planned and I think it turned out really well. I like the mix of colours and finishes a lot. I don't really plan my manicures anyway so it's nice when you do a look that you really like just by pure luck.

That's it! I just noticed that all of my favourites were done on short nails. It is so much harder to do nail art on shorties but obviously it can be done! 
Let me know you favourite post below. I'd love to know which one you liked whether it featured in my favourites post or not. 

Cuti-CLUE-les

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les