12 March 2015

NOTD- Holographic overload

Hey all,


 Since getting the new Sally Hansen Spring/Summer collection I've only worn polishes from that collection. I love the Sally Hansen line but its always good to test out the wear time on any new polish collection. Thankfully they've all been amazing, especially Nightwatch which is the polish I have on here.

Seeing as the weather is starting to lighten up a bit I thought Nightwatch needed some holographic sparkle to really make it come alive in the sun. I have on 2 coats of Nightwatch. On my ring finger I have Barry m Starlight (a limited edition polish from Christmas 2014) with a coat of Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat. On the rest of my nails I have one coat of Catrice Have an ice day. I didn't bother with a topcoat on these nails in case it dulled the holographic sparkle. Even though Starlight, also a holographic, wasn't affected by the topcoat it is a completely different type of glitter so I didn't want to chance it. Thankfully the Complete Salon manicure polishes wear incredibly well on their own so I wasn't worried about it chipping.


I really liked the overall effect. Starlight is too thick to use as a complete manicure. It took long enough to get the glitter placement on the accent nails right never mind doing a whole manicure with it. It makes a pretty interesting accent nail though so it will get a good amount of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les