04 March 2015

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Spring/ Summer 2015 review part 2

Hey all,

**Products were provided for my honest review**

I'm back with part 2 of my Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Spring/ Summer review. The first part featured the brighter shades from the collections. If you missed that post you can read it here. Part 2 focuses on the darker polishes. I found that I had a few similar polishes in my collection for this side of the review so I have swatches of them below. Again all of these swatches are without a topcoat.


Enchante (331)

This polish caught my eye straight off the bat. It's a lovely warm rosey pink. Like other polishes in this colour family, Enchante dries darker on the nail than it shows in the bottle. The swatches are coming off a bit light, it's about a shade darker than this. Formula wise it's just like the rest in this release. I have on 2 coats and it is perfect. You could almost get away with one thick coat if you wanted to. I'm thinking that this is a re-release from a quick search online but correct me if I'm wrong on that.


Dupes wise I don't think I have any polishes that are spot on but I do have one that is very, very similar.  Plum's the word is from the same family but it is much darker. Lancome Rose The is brighter and has more of an orange tone to it rather than rose. The Essence polish is very similar in my opinion. There are subtle differences but you'd be hard pressed to tell one from the other at a distance.


Belle of the ball (641)

Belle of the ball is a deep purple with purple shimmer. There is a smattering of red in there too. This is a proper vampy polish with a little twist thanks to the shimmer. Just like Enchante you could almost get away with one thick coat. I always do two and that's what I have on in the swatch. This is a re-release from the 2013 Go Baroque collection.


The only similar polish I have in my collection is OPI Every month is oktoberfest. They look quite alike but the red shimmers are far more prominent in the OPI.  I will say the difference isn't as apparent in person as it shows up in the swatch below. Both polishes have quite a dark base so the shimmers only truly come out in the sun or in certain lighting. I could easily justify owning both as they are beautiful polishes. The formula on Belle of the ball is the better of the two.


Nightwatch (674)

Last but not least we have Nightwatch, a beautiful darkened navy.  Again this is a re-release having featured in the 2013 Designer series Prabal Gurung collection. Nightwatch has a great formula. I have on 2 easy coats. I love the fact that there are 2 incredibly dark polishes in this collection. As much as I enjoy bright polishes for Spring/ Summer I think there is always room for something a bit different.


I only have a couple of navy blues, none of which turned out to be dupes. The lancome is more blue and doesn't have that glossy/ jelly like look. Slick, from the Sally Hansen Patent gloss collection is in the same family but you can tell that you are wearing a navy polish at all times. Nightwatch tends to look almost black from afar.



So that's the entire collection. As I mentioned in part 1 this is available in Ireland this month and you can find them in selected pharmacies, department stores and grocery stores for €8.95 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les