09 March 2015

Teal-ing away the layers

Hey all,


It's been a while since I did a design like this. It takes a little bit of time to do this using striping tape but the result is pretty impressive. My base is 3 coats of Barry m Teal. This is a beautiful shimmer but once you add a matte topcoat on top over it you are left with that dark teal. Once that was dry I striped off the nail and added on Barry m Mint. This is a really sheer polish. It takes a good 3-4 coats for this to be opaque. I  only needed 2 thick coats to get it opaque here. Again I left this to dry for a decent amount of time before adding on a coat of the Hard Candy Mattely in love topcoat. If you put on a matte topcoat too soon it can cause the colours to drag which ruins the overall look of the manicure.


  Lately I've not been in the mood for anything but plain nails. It's nice to break out some of the nail art tools every once in a while though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les