10 April 2015

Streaky Stripes

Hey all,


This manicure came about by pure accident. I was painting my nails and I just started adding on stripes of colour. I got about halfway across when I thought so darker colours would look interesting, especially if they went in a different direction. I didn't have any striping tape to hand so I freehanded the stripes using a thin brush. They aren't perfect but you wouldn't really see half of the mistakes unless you were looking at them up close.

I started with a base of Sally Hansen Miracle gel in 110 Birthday suit. Once I had those 3 coats on and dry I starting adding on the stripes.

From left to Right: Catrice Acid/dc (lime) Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 544 Tahitian Sunset (pale orange) OPI I just can't copeacabana (yellow) . Sinful Colors Sugar Crush (light blue)

From Top to Bottom: Catrice Lucky in Lilac (Lilac) OPI Kiss me I'm Brazillian (pink) Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 671 Moheato (mint green) Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in 330 Redgy (raspberry red) Sinful Colors Boom Boom (pink) Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 674 Nightwatch (navy) Sally Hansen Patent Gloss in Chic (nude) Barry m Orchid (purple) Essence I'm so Fluffy (peach)  Sinful Colors Rise and shine (Turquoise)


I topped it off with a clear topcoat to blend the colours together and to add a nice shine to it. If you have a fairly steady hand you can easily do this. Even if you make a mistake you can cover it with the next colour. By the time you have a few colours added on you won't even notice it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les