12 May 2015

Twinsie Tuesday- The Discworld #1: The Colour of Magic

Hey all,

This weeks Twinsie Tuesday post is based on a piece of art that we were inspired by. I'm always interested in the artwork found on book covers so I went with one of my all-time favourite book series' from Terry Pratchett. This is actually the first installment of the series. I hope to do a manicure inspired by all 40 books in the collection so it'll be a long one!


The first book as ye can already tell is The Colour of Magic. For this manicure I kept it pretty simple. I based it on the 2 main characters in the book and the design of their clothes. Rincewind is the wizard on my middle finger and he has stars on his clothing (representing magic). Twoflower the tourist is on my ring finger. He wears a typical holiday shirt that is flowery and colourful. The Colour of magic was actually made into a film that was aired on Sky1 and that's where I got my colour scheme for this clothes.


For Ricewind I started off with Essence Iced Latte. The grey for his beard is a mix of OPI Sull and Glossbones, Lac Attack Puddle Jumping and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Greige. The raspberry polish I used for his hat and on my index finger is Barry m Raspberry. The gold stars were done with Essence Watch out Lady Tremaine! from the limited edition Cinderella collection.

For Twoflower I used Illamasqua Monogamous for the base. His hat is Essence I <3 Trends in I'm so fluffy. The black I used on both characters is Orly Liquid Vinyl. For his flowery shirt I used OPI I just Can't copeacabana, Catrice Lucky in Lilac and Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure in Peach of Cake. I topped the entire manicure with the Sally Hansen Miracle gel topcoat.


I really enjoy the Rincewind books. Even in the beginning they were witty and it didn't take long at all to get through the book. The other Twinsie Tuesday posts are linked below if you want to go and see what the other girls came up with for this prompt.


 Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
ChiChi at I'm Just Me...ChiChi
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kristine at Pink and Polished Nails
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished
​Lisa at The Polish Playground
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les