24 June 2015

Sally Hansen Gel shine 3D topcoat review

Hey all

**Polish was provided for my honest review**


I've been trying out quite a few topcoats recently and I've had a mix of hits and misses. Unfortunately the Sally Hansen Gel 3D shine topcoat falls into the later category. Now I am a big fan of the Sally Hansen range, from the regular polish line to the topcoats, but this was a let down.

I'll start with the positives. It's a nice big bottle with the typical wide brush that you find in the Complete Salon Manicure and the Miracle gel polishes, I prefer a wide brush for topcoats as I have wider nails. It is a thicker formula but it's very easy to work with. It glides on your nail and it leaves a nice glossy finish (thanks to the thicker formula it covers up all the lumps and bumps). So far so good.

Dry time is where this topcoat is a let down. Even with a good 45 minute wait (after leaving my nails to dry for 10 minutes beforehand) this still isn't rock hard. I go to bed and I still wake up with smudges.

The dealbreaker for me is the fact that it drags your nail art. I tend to have some kind of nail art on at all times and I hate when it drags, it can completely ruin your nails depending on what kind of design you've done.

Polish dragging and a slow dry time combined means this is not the topcoat for me. It's just more hassle than it's worth in my opinion. A little part that bugs me is the fact that the bottle has that reflective coating on it. While it looks pretty I can't see how much product I have left in it so I'll never really know I'm running low until it's too late.


The Sally Hansen Gel shine 3D topcoat retails for €8.49 and it's available in selected pharmacies nationwide.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les