13 July 2015

Drip Drop

Hey all



I've been wearing a lot of black polish lately but I find I get bored with it on my nails. I used to love black nail polish on its own. It suits other people but on me it's just too plain. I tend to team it up with brighter colours and this really works. The black really makes the bright colour pop and it makes for a really simple manicure that looks harder than it really was. Win-win!

I started with 2 coats of Essence Effect nail polish in The Black Cat. This is a latex matt polish. I have to say the more I use it the more I dislike it. I don't like the finish it has, it's not matte but it's not glossy. It's weird. The formula is ok though it takes a bit longer to dry. The "matte" effect is pretty quick but your nails are easily smudged for a good few minutes after.

I painted half of each nail with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Moheato. I freehanded this as you won't see the line at the end so it makes no difference if it's perfectly straight or a bit dodgy. Once that was dry I used one of the bigger dotting tools and added 3 dots of the opposite colour to each side. I added a glossy topcoat to blend the colours together a bit more.


I like the effect it has. It took a bit of practice to get the right sized dotting tool for my nails. Definitely something I would do again and I might try it with 3 colours next time and see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les