24 July 2015

Essence 43 Girl's Best Friend

Hey all


I heard that some of the Essence the Gel nail polishes are being discontinued so I went off in search of Blue Bubble di Blue. Unfortunately it was gone by the time I got in but I picked up a couple of the other gel polishes while I was there.

Girl's Best Friend was not a polish I had on my list. In the swatches I'd seen when they first came out everyone seemed to layer put it on over their bare nail and it looked awful. It did catch my eye on the stand though so I decided to give it a go. It's such a unique glitter.Basically it is a clear base with silver glitter and small golden glitters as well. I could not get the golden glow on camera but it looks amazing on the nail. Sometimes it picks up gold and blue/purple. It's so interesting.


I thought it  might look nice over a nude base and it does. I have one coat of Girl's Best Friend over 2 coats of Sally Hansen Miracle gel in Creme de la Creme. I actually can't believe how much I like this glitter. You really have to see it in person! I included a picture where you can kind of see the golden glow at the side of my nail but it is ten times better in real life.


The formula is great. I only needed one coat on each nail and I got a nice even layer of the silver glitters. From the bottle shot you can see how beautiful it is. I'm thinking this will look unreal over a gold or silver polish at Christmas. Actually thinking about it, it would look great over a navy or a red polish too. I'm so glad I gave this one a chance. Swatches do not do it any justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les