02 August 2015

Book Tube-A-Thon 2015- My challenge picks!

Hey all

This is my first year taking part in the Book Tube-A-Thon hosted by Ariel.. Basically it's a week long challenge with 7 challenges designed to promote reading. You can combine challenges so you don't have to pick 7 completely different book. You can do as many of the challenges as you like, it's all about enjoying reading and not feeling stressed out by it. I have a tiny TBR pile so picking books for this challenge was simple this year. They are all books I want to read or re-read which is important. If you don't have any interest at all in the book you'll struggle through and there's no fun in that. The challenge starts midnight August 2nd and finishes midnight August 9th!

1// Read a book with blue on the cover
Probably the book I am most excited about starting is Dragons at Crumbling Castle. I've been wanting to get this book for ages but it was always out of stock (I signed up for stock notification from Easons but they never bothered emailing me. Awful shoddy service). This is one of the last Terry Pratchett books to be be released which is sad but I've heard great things about it. It's a collection of short stories so it'll be a nice easy read.
338 pages
2// Read a book by an author who shares the same first letter of your last name 
I've had The Little Beach Street Bakery in my collection for a good while now (I got it for half price on the Book Depository) I've read one other book by Jenny Colgan and I wasn't too impressed with it but again I've heard good things about this book in particular so I want to give it a go. 441  pages




 3// Read someone else's favourite book

The Girl on the Train is one of the most talked about books I've come across in recent months so it's perfect for this challenge. I remember reading about it before it came out and thinking it would be interesting, I like thriller/ Mystery books so I marked it as one to read. Once it was released there was such a divide in opinion. It was either one of the absolute best books ever written or it was utter shite to be left on the shelf.
316 Pages


4// Read the last book you acquired 

The last book I picked up is Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landry. I don't know how I came across this series initially but I think it was part of a search to find authors similar to Terry Pratchett. Those that write characters that are unexpectedly witty. I ummm'd and ahhh'd over it for a while but I kept coming back to it so I thought I'd give it a go.
398 pages
5// Finish a book without letting go of it

Coraline is one of those books that everyone recommends reading. It's nice and short so it's perfect for this challenge and I genuinely want to read it and see what the fuss is all about.
I've read 4 Neil Gaiman books so far. I adored 2 of them and the other 2 were total disappointments so it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.
162 pages


6// Read a book you really want to read

Cecelia Ahern is one of my favourite authors so I tend to leave her books until Winter. She's pretty consistent with her book releases though with one coming out almost every year. After a quick google search whilst writing this I found out she has a new book coming out in October/ November which is great news.
323 pages




7// Read seven books

The last book was an easy pick. I'm re-reading the entire Discworld series and Guards! Guards! is the next book on my list so I thought I'd pop that in. It's been a good year or two since I've read this so I can't remember much about it. Commander Vimes grew to be one of my favourite characters so I'm excited to get back into the series again.
412 pages




So that's my list for the challenge. I know Sharon, Breige, Paula and Chloe are also taking part so check out their blogs to see their book picks. I had completely forgotten to write a post until Sharon posted hers so thanks Sharon for reminding me! We all have different tastes when it comes to books so I looks forward to see what they've picked out and what they thought of the books in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les