23 November 2015

Black and white holographic nails

Hey all


It's been a while since I wore a colourless nail art design. I was going to a comedy gig and I couldn't work out a manicure for the life of me. I ended up taking off the failed attempt and trying this one out instead. I thought it would be a bit bland at first but the white base and holographic glitters made it stand out just enough for my liking.

I started with a white base on all nails except the ring finger. I had planned on leaving that black but made a last minute design to add on Barry m Starlight from the 2014 Limited Edition Christmas collection. I don't think they are releasing LE Christmas glitters this year but you can still get this one on Boots.ie if you are interested.

From there I striped off my thumb, index and pinky nails using 2 layers of striping tape.Over that I added on Zoya Storm. I also dotted storm on my middle finger using one of the smaller dotting tools I have. I repeated the process on my other hand (I like them to match most of the time)


The most time consuming part was the striping tape. If I had thicker tape it would have been simple.I love the way it turned out though. The holographic glitters in Storm are nice and light. Starlight has a great mix of glitters and I always manage to get a star out without too much hassle. I topped it off with Essence the gel nail polish topcoat and they smoothed all of the glitter out but it didn't dull the holographic sparkle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les