08 January 2016

Sponging on a rainbow

Hey all

Bit of an extended break after some internet issues but I am finally back posting. I have a Twinsie Tuesday post to get up but first is my A Weekly Dose of Rainbows manicure.

The theme was a bit odd but interesting. We had to do an "angry rainbow" meaning a design we don't particularly like but in a rainbow style to make it more appealing. I went with a sponged manicure for this one.


I started off with Sally Hansen Patent Gloss in Chic. Then using a tissue I dabbed on Essence 27 Don't be Shy (lime green), 48 My Love Diary (marsala) and Sinful Colors Sugar Rush (light blue) .
On my accent nail I added on a coat of Essence 43 Girl's best friend which never shows up as nice on camera as it does in person. It's a clear base with silver hex glitter and golden shimmer running though it. It's beautiful but you really have to see it in person.

I topped it off with SOSU quick dry topcoat which really doesn't work with nail art. It's too thin and left the manicure looking bumpy still. Best keep it for plain manicures.

Despite using really bright polishes the dabbing method kind of washed them out so it looked really pale on me. It might be better suited for the summer weather but I like the way it looks. I regret not using a white base as I think it would have made everything pop a lot more, especially the glitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les