29 February 2016

Essence French Manicure polish swatches and review!

Hey all

Sorry for the lack of posts last week. The time got away from me and I didn't have the chance to get anything written up. I will post the manicures I had done at some point.

**Polishes were provided for review**

I have another Essence Collection to show you today. I had planned on doing these individually but they are so similar I thought they'd be better off going in one post.  Now these polishes are designed as beautifying polishes. Kind of like "my nails but better". If you are after a natural looking nail then these are the polishes you'd probably gravitate for. I like more opaque polishes so I built them up to show their true colour. Bare that in mind when reading the review!

First up is 01 Girl's best FRENCH


Girl's best FRENCH was the most sheer of the three. The formula is ok. It's slightly thick but it doesn't look it on the nails. In the bottle it is the pinkest of the 3. I have on 3 coats but a forth makes it more opaque.

Shown is 4 coats. I like my polish to be as opaque as possible so this is my preferred look. It does look ok at 3 if you don't mind a bit of visible nail line.


Next we have 02 FRENCHs are forever


FRENCHs are forever is more of an apricot pink. Again the formula was slightly thick but this did not look thick on the nail. It was easy to apply and it didn't flood my cuticles.

Again I am showing this at 4 coats. Out of the 3 I would say this was the most flattering on my skintone. You can get away with 3 coats on this one depending on your nail length.


 Last up is 03 true FRENCHship


true FRENCHship is the lightest of the 3. It's an off white shade in the same style as the rest. The formula was kind of streaky and it left more bald spots on my nails. This was more noticeable with this polish as it was so far from my natural nail colour.

The pictures show it at 4 coats. Like the others it was a thicker formula but on the nail it looked fine. Not my favourite out of the 3.


I'm pretty sure these polishes are already availble so check out the stand in your local stockist if you are interested!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les